Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Musings, soap making and a recipie.

So I haven't posted in a  few. So I guess for those few who read this we should catch up.

My day started out by reading this touching story with a great message:

https://www.facebook.com/TheZeitgeistMovement/posts/130350980471593

to paraphrase the message is this:
GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give.

I think that is simply a beautiful story. (Weather it true or fake) I think that the idea behind it is inspirational.

I would like to stay youthful as I grow old, as all women do. I believe its a state of mind and that it can come in good graces if you are always challenging yourself, trying new things or being adventurous.

A depressed and sad person carries around such a weight with them that always in my experience tends to affect others. Positive attitude and a happy demeanor can help to inspire others to do the same. Or it has the adverse affect and makes people who are these negative beings just even more negative..... but that's a whole different topic, and I would rather stay positive.

If you are one of those negative readers, I would just say invest in the book don't sweat the small stuff or any other self help book.

Well enough about my thoughts lets go to sharing...

Today I did in fact make soap!

Simple ingredients from just about any craft store make a very fun creative personal gift.

Pure glycerin, Any essential oils (can be found at any health food store) I used honey almond, Additives; I used Vitamin E oil, orange peel, lavender petals, and coffee, but you can use things like oatmeal, aloe, cocoa butter, and Shea butter ...honestly get creative its fun! (but be safe)
Skin safe pigment or dye, I mixed red and blue dye to get purple. red to make the pink, and yellow.

Melt glycerin in a microwave container no more then 30 seconds.
Pour into molds. you can use store bought or those flexible cupcake molds. also you should be creative but make sure you can easily remove the soap after it hardens. It takes about an hour to harden, speed it up in the fridge.


Pop them out and remove any excess from the sides.
 And viola, you have a gift. I bought a decorative box for .99 and some small cellophane bags from the baking isle meant for small treats and wrapped the soaps individually. This will be a birthday gift for my step grandmother. I am going to try my had at lotion making too eventually.

Now on to other stuff...

For those crazy dieters and those looking to loose a few pounds... here is one of my healthy recipe's.
You will need:
1lb Ground chicken
1 can of whole kernel corn
1 can of black beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 onion
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
chili powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste

Brown meat and season to taste in a wok or fry pan, remove meat (drain fat if any) in the same fry pan brown off onion and peppers till tender. add meat back to pan w/beans, diced tomatoes and corn.

Let simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.

top with some low fat or 2% cheese and you will have this little number right here:
 
 

 Well that's all for now.
Until next time,
XOXO
Michelle


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment